Create Company in Tally Prime
Steps to create company in tally Prime
Creating a company in Tally Prime involves several steps. Follow the given steps to create a new company:
- Open Tally Prime:
Launch the Tally Prime software on your computer.
- Go to the Gateway of Tally:
Once Tally Prime is open, you will see the "Gateway of Tally" screen.
- Select Create Company:
In the Gateway of Tally, select "Create Company" from the right-hand side menu.
- Company Creation Details:
Fill in the required details in the Company Creation screen. These details typically include:
- Press F12 and change yes to the options to enable additional company creation details like user control, currency details valut password etc...
- Company Name: Enter the name of your company.
- Mailing Name: This is the name that will appear in your reports and documents.
- Address: Enter the company's address.
- State: Select the state where your company is located.
- PIN Code: Enter the postal code for the company's address.
- Phone: Provide a contact number for the company.
- Email: Enter the company's email address.
- Financial Year Details: Set the Financial Year for your company. Tally Prime will prompt you for the beginning and ending dates of your financial year.
- Books Beginning from: Enter the date from which you want to start maintaining your books of accounts.
- Security Control: Set up security controls by providing a password for your company. This is essential for restricting access to sensitive information.
- Accept and Save: Once you've entered all the necessary details, review the information to ensure accuracy. Press Enter or click on "Accept" to save the company details.
- Enable Additional Features (if needed):
Tally Prime will prompt you to activate certain features. Depending on your business requirements, you may want to enable additional features such as GST (Goods and Services Tax) or TDS (Tax Deducted at Source). Configure these options as per your needs.
- Complete Company Creation:
Review the information you've entered in the Company Creation form. If everything is accurate, press "Yes" to create the company.
- Start Using Tally Prime:
You can now start using Tally Prime for various accounting and financial tasks within the created company.